Inside, we each have a comfy room with our own bathroom. I have a single, although some people are in doubles. All of us share a common kitchen area with a sink, microwave, fridge, and dishwater (no stove, though, so I'm sticking to microwavable meals and sandwiches). As you can see, it's pretty spacious.
Left to Right: Eddie, Andrew, Camara, Dr. Werner, Andrew, Anthony, Phil, Dr. Leary. Not pictured: Scott, Andrea
Turns out we arrived during Mayfest, a week long festival in which the entire town of Osnabruck lines its streets with streamers, stages with live bands, and food stalls. Also, can I just say how amazingly pretty this town is? When I first arrived, I felt like I was walking through a fairy-tale hamlet.
This cathedral is from the 1200s. Apparently, the peace treaty that ended the 30 Years War was signed here, earning the town of Osnabruck the nickname of "City of Peace".
No comments:
Post a Comment